Please note that a short description of a certain column can be displayed when you move your mouse cursor over the column's header and hold it still. Below, a more detailed description is shown per column.
: The variant's effect on the protein's function, in the format 'R/C' where R is the value reported by the source and C is the value concluded by the curator; '+' indicating the variant affects function, '+?' probably affects function, '+*' affects function, not associated with individual's disease phenotype, '#' affects function, not associated with any known disease phenotype, '-' does not affect function, '-?' probably does not affect function, '?' effect unknown, '.' effect not classified.
DNA change (cDNA)
: Description of variant at DNA level, based on a coding DNA reference sequence (following HGVS recommendations); e.g. c.123C>T, c.123_145del, c.123_126dup.
: Number of exon/intron containing variant; 2 = exon 2, 12i = intron 12, 2i_7i = exons 3 to 7, 8i_9 = border intron 8/exon 9.
: Description of variant at protein level (following HGVS recommendations).
- p.(Arg345Pro) = change predicted from DNA (RNA not analysed)
- p.Arg345Pro = change derived from RNA analysis
- p.? = unknown effect
- p.0? = probably no protein produced
: On which allele is the variant located? Does not necessarily imply inheritance! 'Paternal' (confirmed or inferred), 'Maternal' (confirmed or inferred), 'Parent #1' or #2 for compound heterozygosity without having screened the parents, 'Unknown' for heterozygosity without having screened the parents, 'Both' for homozygozity.
DNA change (genomic) (hg19)
: Description of variant at DNA level, based on the genomic DNA reference sequence (following HGVS recommendations).
: Total allele Frequency in the gnomAD database (http://gnomad.broadinstitute.org/)
: The dbSNP ID.
: Indicates whether the variant segregates with the phenotype (yes), does not segregate with the phenotype (no) or segregation is unknown (?)
- ? = Unknown
- yes = Segregates with phenotype
- no = Does not segregate with phenotype
- Compound Heterozygous
: Variant classification following the standards and guideline recommendations of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics and the Association for Molecular Pathology (Richards et al. Genet Med. 2015)
- Likely Pathogenic
- Uncertain significance
- Likely Benign
: Classification of variant by others: authors, AD&FTD, ClinVar, etc as applicable
: Reference to publication describing the variant, including links to OMIM (when available), PubMed or or other source, e.g. "den Dunnen ASHG2003 P2346".
: Database ID of variant, grouping multiple observations of the same variant together, starting with the HGNC gene symbol, followed by an underscore (_) and a six digit number (e.g. DMD_012345). _000000 is used for variants where DNA was not analysed (change predicted from RNA analysis), variants seen in animal models or variants not seen in humans but functionally tested in vitro.
: Template(s) used to detect the sequence variant; DNA = genomic DNA, RNA = RNA (cDNA).
- RNA = RNA (cDNA)
- ? = unknown
: Technique(s) used to identify the sequence variant.
- ? = Unknown
- arrayCGH = array for Comparative Genomic Hybridisation
- arraySEQ = array for resequencing
- arraySNP = array for SNP typing
- arrayCNV = array for Copy Number Variation (SNP and CNV probes)
- BESS = Base Excision Sequence Scanning
- CMC = Chemical Mismatch Cleavage
- CSCE = Conformation Sensitive Capillary Electrophoresis
- DGGE = Denaturing-Gradient Gel-Electrophoresis
- DHPLC = Denaturing High-Performance Liquid Chromatography
- DOVAM = Detection Of Virtually All Mutations (SSCA variant)
- ddF = dideoxy Fingerprinting
- DSCA = Double-Strand DNA Conformation Analysis
- EMC = Enzymatic Mismatch Cleavage
- HD = HeteroDuplex analysis
- MCA = high-resolution Melting Curve Analysis (hrMCA)
- IHC = Immuno-Histo-Chemistry
- MAPH = Multiplex Amplifiable Probe Hybridisation
- MLPA = Multiplex Ligation-dependent Probe Amplification
- SEQ-NG = Next-Generation Sequencing
- SEQ-NG-H = Next-Generation Sequencing - Helicos
- SEQ-NG-I = Next-Generation Sequencing - Illumina/Solexa
- SEQ-NG-R = Next-Generation Sequencing - Roche/454
- SEQ-NG-S = Next-Generation Sequencing - SOLiD
- Northern = Northern blotting
- PCR = Polymerase Chain Reaction
- PCRdig = PCR + restriction enzyme digestion
- PCRlr = PCR, long-range
- PCRm = PCR, multiplex
- PCRq = PCR, quantitative
- PAGE = Poly-Acrylamide Gel-Electrophoresis
- PTT = Protein Truncation Test
- PFGE = Pulsed-Field Gel-Electrophoresis (+Southern)
- RT-PCR = Reverse Transcription and PCR
- SEQ = SEQuencing
- SBE = Single Base Extension
- SSCA = Single-Strand DNA Conformation polymorphism Analysis (SSCP)
- SSCAf = SSCA, fluorescent (SSCP)
- Southern = Southern blotting
- TaqMan = TaqMan assay
- Western = Western Blotting
: Reference to publication describing the individual/family, possibly giving more phenotypic details than listed in this database entry, including link to PubMed or other source, e.g. "den Dunnen ASHG2003 P2346". References in the "Country:City" format indicate that the variant was submitted directly to this database by the laboratory indicated.
: Remarks about the individual.